We are accepting applications for a Cook, to prepare meals for our residents at Firesteel Healthcare Center. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our enhanced dining program which provides culinary excellence and tasty, appealing and nutritious foods. If your passion is food, we want to talk with you!
JOB SUMMARY This ideal candidate, will function as a COOK and reports to the Dietary Services Manager (DSM) to prepare foods for residents. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare pre-planned cycle menus in an efficient and effective manner to provide nutritious, good tasting, and appetizing food for residents.
- Perform food preparation tasks as assigned.
- Prepares food and serves trays as attractively as possible.
- Determine if the food prepared is of the highest possible quality in taste and flavor. Assist in planning cooking schedules for cooks/helpers and dietary aides. Confirm foods are ready on time for tray service.
- Maintain and improve standards of food storage, preparation, and services. Assist supervisor as needed in the receiving and storing of food and supplies.
- Assist in checking food supplies on food order forms as they arrive from vendors. Maintain orderly and correct storage of food items; dry, freezer, and refrigerator storage.
- Check out food and supplies as needed by dietary aides.
- Demonstrated knowledge of high standards of food preparation, sanitation, hygienic methods of food preparation and storage
- Previous experience preparing food in an institutional setting preferred. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish effective relationships with department workers, supervisors, and with other departments.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Exercise sound judgment, make decisions on a daily basis, and occasionally supervise and direct the work of others.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of supervisory and management principles.
- Demonstrates competency in operating kitchen equipment.
- Moderate to heavy lifting (50 pound maximum), bending, reaching, and stooping.
- High school graduation or GED highly desirable
- Food Handlers' permit in locations where required
Apply on company website