Responsible for assuring highly professional delivery of data, informatics, and frameworks of communication to all self-funded and fully insured clients in the Employee Benefits unit of First Commonwealth Insurance Agency (FCIA). Analyzes and performs in-depth research in order to identify trends, resolve client issues, and makes recommendations to the EB Staff and their corresponding self-funded and fully insured clients about strategies that can assist in the reduction of healthcare and prescription drug utilization by its employees. Effectively supports the efforts to expand profitable, long-term client relationships by providing exceptional, ongoing customer service. As subject matter and data analytics expert, acts as a resource to employers, producers, client advocates, and other vendor participants, developing reports on trends, cost drivers, and relevant solutions, and delivering and translating information for customer implementation. Responsible for the research and vetting of future vendors that can bring additional capabilities to the firm in the area of software, artificial intelligence, or other methods of intel that can contribute to healthcare cost reduction strategies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Assures highly professional delivery of data, informatics, and framework of communication to all self-funded clients in the Employee Benefits unit of First Commonwealth Insurance Agency.
2. Works closely with insurance carriers, third party administrators, and other vendor participants in the development and delivery of claims data, budget projections and determination of a client's internal utilization trends.
3. Projects expenses based on claims forecasting and fixed cost analysis and provides clients with budget rates.
4. Develops and delivers monthly “State of the Union” communication to all self-funded employers which includes detail on actual vs. projected, takeaways and recommendations, as well as Healthcare Reform updates and requirements.
5. Provides quarterly analysis of expense performance and forecasts End of Year expectations for employer group. Creates renewal proposals with projections and new budgets for upcoming year.
6. Analyzes and performs in-depth research in order to resolve self-funded client issues and creates highly professional deliverables making recommendations to producers and clients as needed.
7. Effectively supports the efforts to expand profitable, long-term client relationships by providing exceptional and ongoing customer service.
8. Educates producers and sales support staff in order to integrate value-added philosophies into proposals, client interaction, and overall client management.
9. As the self-funded benefit program's subject matter expert, acts as a resource to employers, producers, Account Managers, and partners.
10. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of and stays abreast of updates and requirements related to Healthcare Reform and/or other legislative items relevant to benefits administration.
11. Continually researches available technology and/or programs and products that may be beneficial to self-funded clientele.
12. Supports executive management with non-specified duties and projects as necessary and requested.
13. Works directly with external vendor participants to facilitate the proper delivery of data/informatics
14. Provides strategic insights, ideas and solutions to improve data/analytics reports, methods, and message in accordance with the growth of the agency and the needs of its clients.
15. May provide and/or coordinate training for staff as necessary.
16. May supervise staff as required.
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications
1. A Bachelors' degree in economics, finance or actuarial sciences or equivalent work experience is preferred.
2. A minimum of five (5) years industry specific experience required.
3. Current Insurance (Life, Accident and Health) licensing is required within 6 months of hire, with a willingness to obtain additional licensing and/or designations as needed.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Power Point, and excellent communication and organization skills are required.
5. A valid driver's license and regional travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply on company website