First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
At First Student, the Transportation Manager Trainee position is expected to be a short-term transitional role that provides both work assignments and training opportunities to prepare MIDs to be promoted into management positions.
This specific role will be focused on operations within the Whitman, MA area.
Transportation Manager Trainee Responsibilities:
- Work closely with management staff to develop skill set.
- Take part in rotations with multiple departments, including but not limited to: dispatch, road supervision, safety, finance, and HR.
- Develop partnerships with location and corporate staff.
- Showcase your strong management foundation and knowledge of the business.
- Perform any related duties that are required or assigned.
Learning Assignments for this role will focus on key categories such as the following:
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource
- Labor Relations
Transportation Manager Trainee Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of Transportation/Logistics experience and/or 1-2 years of supervisory experience. Bachelor's degree is a Plus.
- 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager or supervisor
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including morning, night and weekend shifts, and to work overtime as needed
- Active Learning – Quickly process new information, knowledge, and experiences, regularly capitalizing on learning opportunities, and applying new information.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid State Driver's License.
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. With this exciting opportunity, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website