Are you interested in becoming an Administrative Assistant?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit, is looking for an Administrative Clerk in our Joliet, IL location! If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is exactly why our employees say this is the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Administrative Assistants Can Enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates
- Team-oriented Environment
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Our Administrative Assistants are responsible for:
- Prepares new employee files, safety roster for Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals, files active and terminated employee documentation, assist in requesting criminal background checks, and assist with tracking Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) information.
- Makes follow up calls to applicants and potential New Hires.
- Prepares and reconciles monthly reports for review by the Safety Manager, Human Resources Manager and General Manager.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains confidential files and records as directed by the General Manager
- Prepares and distributes correspondence and reports as directed by the General Manager pursuant to business activities with the client and other outside agencies.
- Maintain total confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
- Act as point of contact for internal and external clients
To qualify as an Administrative Assistant, you'll need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- A working knowledge of office equipment such as printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to type 40 wpm
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website