Are you interested in becoming a Call Taker/Dispatcher?
First transit is looking for candidates that want to advance and grow with the company! We are looking for someone that wants to start from the ground up and learn the operations of our service - from call taking to dispatching!
We are currently seeking a Call Taker / Dispatcher at our Rochester, MN location. Our Call Takers / Dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. They assure all driver routes are filled as assigned and drivers are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, first transit is looking for you!
Our call taker/dispatchers will enjoy:
- Team-oriented environment
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
Our call taker/dispatchers are responsible for:
- Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously
- Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy
- Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request
- Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs
- Review route performance and respond to customer inquiries and needs
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance metrics and route efficiency
- Daily reports and clerical duties
- Direct calls internally
To qualify as a call taker/dispatcher, you'll need:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- Call taking, scheduling and data entry experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Experience using word and excel
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem-solving abilities
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website