Entry Level Lube & Preventive Maintenance Technician - Midway Airport Location
Join First Transit as an Entry Level Lube Technician and ensure that all vehicles are serviced, cleaned, and detailed.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $20-$22 per hour starting wage
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- A great work environment!
Entry Level Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Clean and detail vehicles and facilities
- Assist the team in the repair and adjustment of equipment
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Retrieve and add oil
- Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis fittings
- Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill services
- Assist senior mechanics in the completion of repairs
Entry Level Mechanic Qualifications:
- Previous educational experience in automotive or diesel technology
- 1-2 years of work experience in a vehicle repair shop environment preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Must be a team player
- Motivated, energetic, and willing to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Be subject to a drug test
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website