Join the First Transit team as a Finance Manager. This position will be responsible for providing financial management support to Transit Contract Operations, through information analysis (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for location management. Primary responsibilities will include month end close, coordinating with operations team in the monthly operations financial performance, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Responsible for preparing monthly invoice to client, daily cash reconciliations and payroll review/spot check.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company's finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Responsible for managing clerical staff.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special projects as needed by client and company.
- Coordinates and communicates accounting matters with other departments on site.
- Reconciles client invoices paid and other items/balances as needed.
- Reports actuals and forecasts to region finance monthly.
- Responsible for complete monthly financial close for location.
- Responsible for creating the annual budget with the input of the GM and supporting staff.
- Communicates variances to forecast, budget and prior year monthly.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred
- Hyperion and JD Edwards preferred but not required.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Apply on company website