iShuttle Bus Driver
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. First Transit's commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you'll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Operator's License with Passenger Endorsements.
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned Monday-Friday
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
**Expires July 31, 2021
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website