Job Purpose: Works closely with location management team and Region HR/Labor Relations team regarding labor relations matters. Facilitates a collaborative working relationship with union officials and management.
- In coordination with Region HR/Labor Relations team, manages the administration and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Manages processes and procedures for the timely review and resolution of labor grievances.
- Provides management with day-to-day guidance and advice regarding labor relations issues.
- Assists Region Labor Counsel in pending mediations, arbitrations and NLRB issues.
- Assists Region Labor Counsel with collective bargaining and preparation for collective bargaining.
- In coordination with Region HR/ Labor Relations team, provides training to management regarding labor relations matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
- May render decisions under general direction of the General Manager and Region Human Resources & Labor Relations team.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Law Degree strongly preferred
Experience & Skills Required:
- 5+ years' experience in Labor Relations
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business or related field
- Computer proficiency.
- Good administrative skills and superior interpersonal skills.
- Able to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, concise, organized and persuasive manner.
- Knowledge of labor laws, collective bargaining, mediation and ADR.
And, because we're a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy real security, a brilliant future, and fantastic training.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website