First Transit is hiring a Lead Automotive Technician to serve MARTA Mobility's fleet of Ford Vehicles
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Shift schedule: Friday 9:00 pm – 7:30 pm, Saturday 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sunday 7:00 am – 5:30 pm & Monday 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
- $29.50 / hour based on experience & qualifications
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- No-cost Breeze Pass that allows employees to ride the system free of charge
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, & 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets!
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Transit, you'll schedule and perform fleet maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records for our customers' vehicles. Other job duties as a Lead Fleet Technician will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate computerized work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Qualifications for Lead Automotive Technician / Shop Foreman
- A valid driver's license is required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management roles.
- Mechanic's toolset
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website