First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
About the Position
First Transit is seeking a Public Transit Marketing & Outreach Manager to plan, manage, and execute all communications to the public and community outreach efforts and to provide Arlington Transit (ART) information to local agencies, schools, employers, citizens, and community partners.
The Marketing & Outreach Manager is responsible for marketing ART bus service, Specialized Transit for Arlington Residents (STAR) programs, ART Adopt-a-Stop, iRide Student Program, other fare programs, mobile applications, and capital projects.
Specific project responsibilities and tasks shall include but are not limited to:
- Create, execute, and manage marketing programs and community outreach campaigns.
- Design, update and print bus schedules and maps, brochures, print advertisements, direct mail, bus stop information and signage, videos, social media accounts, and website updates.
- Prepare, promote and market transit mobility services to raise awareness and use of ART bus service, STAR programs, iRide, student SmarTrip passes as well as Metrobus, Metrorail and VRE service in Arlington County.
- Assist in creating all transit service information, rider materials, and other customer communications as needed. Monitors and ensures that all service information is up to date on the ART website, bus brochures, social media accounts and ART bus stops.
- Coordinates with County staff, partner agencies, civic associations, schools, Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), and community groups to create awareness and promote service. Conduct meetings/workshops and presentations for community events.
- Develop and promote social media networking strategies and content to increase social media engagement and build online communities.
- Assist with outreach and communication efforts for transit-related projects.
- Assist with transit ridership/usage research (passenger surveys, focus groups, rider polls, etc.).
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in marketing, community outreach, communications, and social media engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Visual Communications, and Design, Business or related field.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using communications tools and software.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience using and promoting content within social media platforms and in building online communities.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work off hours, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of transit infrastructure, service operations, customer service, and communications preferred.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website