First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. We are now hiring in Port Elgin & Kincardine, Ontario
Why join as a School Bus Driver? For many reasons
- $18.57/HR starting wage; depending on experience
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus for fully licensed drivers*
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus for new drivers*
- No experience necessary! We train!
- 4 Hours guaranteed
- Additional hours available – charter route opportunities!
- Child ride along program
- No nights or weekends (Bruce Power routes exempt)
About the Position
- Join our team of professional drivers dedicated to getting students to and from school safely
- Drivers enjoy the support of our industry leading technology to guide them through their daily routes
- Prioritize vehicle maintenance by conducting pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Provide support to students by assisting with boarding and exiting the bus
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver's license for at least 1 year
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed medical examination & Background checks
*Conditions apply. See location for details. Bonus expires July 1st 2022
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Apply on company website