Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
Responsibilities of a Staff Accountant
- Responsible for preparing monthly invoice to client, daily cash reconciliations and payroll review/spot check.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company's finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special projects as needed by client and company.
- Coordinates and communicates accounting matters with other departments on site.
- Reconciles client invoices paid and other items/balances as needed.
- Reports actuals and forecasts to region finance monthly.
- Responsible for complete monthly financial close for location.
- Responsible for creating the annual budget with the input of the GM and supporting staff.
- Communicates variances to forecast, budget and prior year monthly.
What we would like you to possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply today to join our team
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website