The Trainer trains drivers and other location employees with respect to safety and regulatory compliance. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Team-oriented Environment
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Trainer major responsibilities:
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new operators or re-training of current operators. May provide other training to location personnel.
- Tracks attendees and maintains training documentation based on regulations and company policy
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, the employee may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possesses CDL Operator's license with required endorsements
- 1-3 years transportation, safety, training, or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability, to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Posses working vehicle to travel within service area as needed
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website