Have you considered being a Trainer?
Now is your chance!
Our Trainers can enjoy:
- Tremendous career with opportunities for advancement
- Team-oriented work environment
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
The Safety Trainer conducts behind the wheel training and classroom training for new driver candidates and trainees, and provides retraining and in-service training for current drivers. Is responsible for accident investigation on the scene while on duty and is responsible for all post accident/injury re-training classes. Participates and presents topics at the monthly safety meetings. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
- Prepares, updates, and delivers classroom and behind-the-wheel training for new trainees ,drivers needing to improve, post-accident training, and driver certification renewals.
- Conducts evaluations of trainees, check-rides / road observations, and make recommendations concerning driver progress.
- Instructs Commercial Drivers License (CDL) classes, DPR and standard first-aid classes as required; assist in providing informative and productive safety meetings for staff.
- Documents training performed and maintain accurate training records for trainees, drivers and maintenance personnel per Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
- Performs bus operator, operations supervisor or customer service representative duties as required by operations needs or shortages.
- Mentors new drivers and employees so they have a full understanding of our business and are successful.
- Performs daily review of the DriveCam system to insure that all drivers are driving safely and identifying drivers that require re-training.
- Performs and conducts annual re-training requirements for all staff.
- Maintains required CDL to operate all location vehicles, maintains a current license and drives as needed.
- Performs accident and injury investigations and insures that all required post accident and injury retraining is performed and documented.
- Serves in the capacity of an operations supervisor as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a CDL “A” or “B” w/P Endorsement
- Prior supervisor and CDL training experience strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years transit or related work experience (driving preferred)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills; able to effectively communicate with employees of all levels; fluent in English
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees; knowledge of Human Resources issues helpful
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Familiar with State, Federal and Company safety and transit regulations / policies
- Hold the First Transit Instructor Certification and TSI Certification
- Work extended hours as needed including weekends and holidays demonstrating consistent attendance and punctuality
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation for travel within location service area
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website