Have you considered being a Shuttle Bus Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love! NEW STARTING WAGE OF $18.50/HR
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via University of Chicago Shuttle Buses within our local communities. As a Shuttle Bus Driver you would provide our clients with the freedom and convenience of reliable, safe transportation. We're immediately hiring to offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
You can also Join us every Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at 615 West 41st Street , Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60609. Meet the team and learn more about your future career! There will be an opportunity to fill out an online application and for an on-the-spot interview! Social Distancing, PPE and all other state guidelines will be adhered to during these events.
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job.
Driver barriers have been installed to protect drivers. Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Serving passengers who live and work in the University of Chicago community
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- CDL Required with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements
- Be subject to a drug test, and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website