Are you interested in becoming a Window Dispatcher? Now is your chance!
First Transit is looking for Window Dispatchers ! Our Window Dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations who are time conscious, safety-centric, and customer service-driven. Window Dispatchers ensure that our passengers are safe and taken care of by helping our operators arrive to their pick-ups and destinations on time. Our Window Dispatchers work closing with other dispatchers to guarantee that all customer issues are solved effectively and efficiently! If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
Our Window Dispatchers enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates
- Team-oriented Environment
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Our Window Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Assuring all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day.
- Overseeing road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Providing customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips
- Resolving problems by working with carrier dispatchers
- Processing route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Using computer system to retrieve scheduled information and reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best method to assist client
- Providing excellent customer service to passengers, and completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Managing emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services
- Answering and direct business calls to appropriate personnel, Communicate professionally with accuracy to all staff (drivers, road supervisors etc..)
- Making sure all cash and vouchers are properly and accurately counted
- Sending accurate end of shift reports
- Making sure the stand by sheets and call out sheets are accurately filled out and match the rollout in the shared drive daily
To qualify as a Window Dispatcher, you'll need:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Customer service and/or Call Center experience required.
- Knowledge of basic and multi-task computer operation in a Windows environment.
- Ability to proficiently operate a computer with a speed of no less than 35 keystrokes per minute.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to utilize a standard business telephone system for communication.
- Ability to interact with interdepartmental personnel.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website