This position is overseeing 15 of our Communities in Arizona. Extensive travel is required for this role.
Five Star Senior Living's corporate headquarters are located in Newton, Massachusetts. Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Boston, the building features easy access to public transportation and the Massachusetts Turnpike.Key Responsibilities
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the operation of assigned facilities / communities. It is the responsibility of this position to assure services that provide the highest practical functioning of its residents, the families it serves and the needs of the employees and the facility / community in which it operates. The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned facilities / communities including service provision, financial, human resources, licensure compliance and census development, while ensuring the assigned facilities / communities comply with corporate policies and federal/state regulations.
- Establishes a community financial management system through: (a) P&L reviews in collaboration with the Corporate Accounting Manager; (b) accounts receivable reviews in discussion with the Regional Financial Manager and (c) compliance reviews to assure all business office policies and procedures are accurately maintained.
- Regularly reviews marketing plans with Administrator / Executive Director and regional marketing staff to assure that services meet the needs of the local community and financial and census targets are achieved as budgeted.
- Ensures each community maintains substantial compliance with all local, state and federal regulations to assure licensure, relevant certifications, OSHA, Life Safety, ADA requirements, as applicable to attain the highest external recognition for care and services rendered in the community.
- Reviews and approves each community's annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan as required by corporate policy and obtains governing body approval.
- Recruit, hire, and training of Executive Directors and serving as an ongoing resource for these key team members.
- Responsible to assure a Five Star – approved performance improvement program is implemented and maintained in each community.
- Responsible for the professional growth and improved management skills of Executive Directors and community managers through mentoring and training. Sets a good example and foster team spirit between community and corporate staff.
- Develops and reviews monthly / quarterly plans for each community to make sure progress is being made on initiatives not in compliance with company policies and procedures or the community's business plan.
- Acts as temporary/interim Administrator / Executive Director as needed, for vacancies that may occur in region.
- Visits community to ensure community staff, budget, marketing plan, action plans and clinical issues are reviewed and are within company guidelines.
- Sets up and maintains an organized and effective communication process between and among communities and between region, communities and corporate, to allow for an open exchange of issues, problem solving, peer discussions as well as general information exchange.
- Responsible for all facets of the community's operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, health-related field or hospitality; master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated 5-10 years of healthcare management experience, including at least 5 years of recent ED and/or Administrator job experience.
- Prior experience in a regional role and/or with multiple building responsibilities preferred.
- Experience in managing various disciplines while ensuring adherence to federal, state and corporate standards is required.
- Experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and service delivery a plus.
- Must hold or qualify for state license required to operate an Assisted Living Community; Nursing Home or comparable service facility.
- Active, valid driver's license required for extensive travel.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website