The Lead Automation Engineer will be based in Irving, TX. In this position, you'll be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and developing the execution of new manufacturing equipment and fixtures in accordance with customer specifications, Flex Medical FPLC and regulatory requirements.
We are looking for a self-starting team player with automation development and project management experience, with an ability to supervise and provide technical direction to engineers and project teams in implementing custom fixtures and semi/fully automated manufacturing equipment systems, incorporating Zero Defect and Mistake-Proofing methodologies.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Lead equipment group project teams consisting of Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers and Technicians.
- Review final accepted specification, deliverables related to Scope of Work, budget and quote for projects.
- Conceptualize and design complex multi-station automation systems. This includes systems design including complex component handling and specialized process, specifying electrical system needs, interfacing with PLCs, and reading and understanding electrical schematics.
- Responsible for team finalizing designs, documentation and constructing prototypes and final production equipment.
- Lead design reviews (including costs, deadlines and deliverables) and present engineering data to customers based on findings, troubleshoot any issues.
- Support and monitor FAT acceptance testing prior to shipment.
- Work closely with Automation Systems Manager and staff: Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Engineers, Automation Technicians, Process Engineers, Program Managers, outside vendors and suppliers.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical and controls engineering for designing production grade automated systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with PLCs and electrical schematics.
- Project management experience successfully meeting or exceeding material, cost, and time estimates.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Familiar with document control software Agile/PDM and controlled documentation methodologies.
- Ensure life-cycle engineering, management and customer support activities are performed as per FPLC/PDP processes
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO13485 and other regulatory standards related to the medical device industry.
- Experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
LM16Job Category OperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website