The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be based in Milpitas, CA and will be responsible for leading supplier development in manufacturing/service process for the site; works with suppliers to continuously improve performance, implement process controls and develop quality assurance plans.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Drives full assessment for effectiveness of supplier process control plans, measures and activities.
- Uses statistical techniques and professional independent judgment to analyze data for process improvement.
- Develops and leads execution of process validations and tests; analyzes resulting data and document results (protocols/reports).
- Leads supplier process capability studies.
- Develops and implements procedures for new and/or improved supplier processes.
- Performs quality audits on suppliers to assure products and services meet International Organization for Standards (ISO) and regulatory standards.
- Provides engineering support to Receiving Inspection including statistical analysis, measurement systems analysis, Gage R&R studies and inspection procedures.
- Participates in Material Review Board decisions on supplier provided parts and services.
- Participates in supplier Quality System Improvement Plans.
- Leads the Supplier Requests for Change process.
- Performs supplier Quality System audits.
- Performs corrective and preventive actions with suppliers.
- Provides guidance to project teams for supplied component and supplier qualifications.
- Leads teams in identification of risks/hazards relative to new product designs, processes, suppliers and applications.
- Rate and track supplier's performance and drive supplier continuous improvement.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- 7-10 years of experience in contract manufacturing.
- Optical camera experience (working with suppliers of cell phone cameras/camera modules).
- Ability to make sound decisions independently.
- Demonstrates advanced functional and technical skills and basic process skills.
- Demonstrates advanced/thorough knowledge of the function and Flex business.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Local Travel required (customers, vendors and site visits).
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Metrology experience/Receiving Inspector experience is preferred
- Plastics experience (working with manufacturers or fabricator of plastics/molding) is a plus
- Certified Quality Engineer through ASQ (American Society of Quality)
- BSEE would be beneficial
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website