The Supplier Quality Engineer will be based in Milpitas, CA and will be responsible for reviewing, dispositioning and working with vendors to eliminate material defects as well as defining inspection criteria and documenting measurements for product material in critical areas.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Participates in Material Review Board decisions on supplier provided parts and services.
- Support the annual maintenance audit for existing suppliers with SQE.
- Support supplier to use the quality tools to improve manufacturing process and product quality.
- Performs quality audits on suppliers to assure products and services meet International Organization for Standards (ISO) and regulatory standards.
- Prepares reports on failure analysis.
- Forms a good relationship with stakeholders in order to maintain a strong support system and supplier relationships for the organization in which they work.
- Provides cross functional support to select, approve and develop suppliers to meet customer and business needs.
- Uses statistical techniques and professional independent judgment to analyze data for process improvement.
- Develops and leads execution of process validations and tests; analyzes resulting data and document results (protocols/reports).
- Participates in supplier Quality System Improvement Plans.
- Performs analysis of non-conformances and supplier performance for key performance indicators.
- Rate and track supplier's performance and drive supplier continuous improvement.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Quick learning abilities.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents, reports, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- Must have knowledge of relevant regulatory standards and applicable regulations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to travel locally (vendors, customer sites and on-site buildings).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Metrology experience is a plus!
- Certified Quality Engineer through ASQ (American Society of Quality)
- BSEE would be beneficial
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website