Flux is currently searching for an Administrative Services Assistant 3 for one of our clients located in Portland, OR. This contract Administrative Services Assistant 3 position provides a wide variety of professional and confidential administrative support the Finance (F) organization. The position supports all of Finance and works as a member of a team comprised of two or three administrative assistants.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
· Greet, screen and escort visitors; address questions and business involving established policy, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors to other personnel as appropriate.
· Proof, review, and when applicable, draft, correspondence and documents prepared for manager signature and validate conformance of the established administrative policies and regulations, confirm proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action.
· Provide recommendations and instructions to staff to maintain conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
· Maintain a tracking system of action items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions. Coordinate and monitor work unit responses to time-critical documents; alert manager / personnel of any concerns or response delays.
· Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters; forward questions and matters to appropriate personnel as needed, following up to verify a timely response.
· Respond to questions and complete business according to established policy and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff, following up to verify a timely response.
· Process and screen incoming and outgoing correspondence to include proof reading, to consist of the following:
· Review incoming correspondence and forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff. Verify proper coordination and timely completion of assignments.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipient(s); as requested, review incoming correspondence.
· Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing, including providing self-addressed stamped envelopes, when appropriate.
· Establish and maintain internal and external communication channels to coordinate smooth flow of information and positive working relationships.
· Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying, and work with the print shop to request printing services.
· Update and maintain desk reference manual.
· Serve as back-up to Tier II and Tier IV level Administrative Assistants as needed.
· Come up to speed quickly on manager and organizational priorities in order to track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability, confirming established targets are met. Validate on-time documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) and verify all processes are tracked to completion within established timelines. Review and update project trackers (performance, training, etc.) for the manager, alerting appropriate parties of any noted issues / concerns.
· Serve as liaison between organizations, work units, and management support staff. Keep up to date on issues, priorities, and sensitivities affecting work of the organization through consistent communication with the manager, frequent interaction with other managers, and outside contacts.
· Coordinate with and provide administrative guidance to lower-level contract support personnel; may delegate assignments to lower level contract administrative personnel at the request of the manager.
· Administrative Team:
· Attend mandatory Administrative Team Meetings.
· Participate as a team member and in team meetings both professionally and collaboratively.
· Work as a team member to:
· Standardize, streamline and improve overall Administrative processes throughout the organization.
· Help resolve organizational administrative issues and work on solutions as a group.
· Complete team work assignments
· Proactively coordinate managers’ daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing appointments, meetings, conferences and calendar:
· Coordinate appointments, including commitments of time. Advise manager of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
· Organize, plan, prioritize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings (in-person, phone conferences, web-based), conferences, and training for managers and other staff (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection, and other meeting supplies). This may include drafting agenda and other meeting materials and developing background information for review, consideration and finalization by appropriate manager / personnel.
· Accept meeting invitations, assist with outside visitor requests and schedule interviews.
· Schedule and arrange meetings, conferences and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection equipment, etc.).
· Assist, compile, organize and verify appropriate files, notes and other materials are in order and ready for use at meetings, appointments, etc.
· Draft agendas, coordinate speaking points, make arrangements for guest(s) / guest speakers and research and draft background information / materials as requested.
· Arrange for representation by others if manager’s time and priorities make necessary.
· As requested, attend and take meeting minutes / notes, transcribe / draft and distribute as appropriate.
· Inform manager and staff of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
· Assist manager in a variety of personnel and other actions for BFTE and CFTE, including:
· Prepare and enter requests for personnel actions into HRMIS.
· Prepare federal worker (BFTE) award requests in HRMIS for manager review/approval, track awards for BFTE, and prepare recognition certificates for the organization.
· Prepare retirement documentation.
· May be designated as a power-user and/or back-up for the DOE e-Performance management system. Coordinate and assist manager with development of annual performance appraisal plans for federal personnel by assisting in implementing, completing, and facilitating documentation management.
· Schedule and track to completion all performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals. Validate documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) is accurately completed within established timelines.
· Coordinate and track reporting requirements and activities related to federal staff including creation/submission of travel documents and telework agreements and required training.
· Register manager and staff for internal/external training classes and conferences.
· Assist manager with employee engagement activities and planning.
· Verify completion of all required training for employees and managers by communicating what training is due, how to obtain training, submitting external training requests, and tracking training completion status.
· Maintain Employee Tracking Log, BFTE tracking, on-board reports, training, medical surveillance, emergency contact, and reimbursement tracking information.
· Update and maintain federal survey records; follow up with organizations to update the survey information.
· Assist manager by recommending and implementing approved staff recognition opportunities.
· Track, maintain, update, and distribute annual renewal of Motor Vehicle Driver Authorizations, Travel Authorizations, and Telework Agreements for federal (BFTE).
· Track and maintain Overtime/Comp Time authorizations for BFTE personnel.
· Complete appropriate new employee on-boarding activities and retirement documentation.
· Prepare CFTE employee assignment extension documents; implement, oversee and complete related documentation, and submit for proper review and approval, while performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approval.
· Designated as a proxy for the DOE performance management system. Coordinate and assist managers with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans by assisting in implementing, completing, and tracking documentation management. Schedule and track to completion all managers’ and employees’ progress reviews, performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approvals. Apply strong familiarity with manager’s performance contract to prioritize and track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability and to assist in ensuring established targets are met. Validate on-time documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) and verify all processes are tracked to completion within established timelines.
· Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, for Manager, Lead and staff as needed, which may include:
· Assist in preparing and submitting passport documentation as necessary.
· Assist management and staff in setting up profiles in the travel system (currently Concur).
· Prepare / draft necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
· Prepare and process travel authorizations and vouchers for group managers and staff using Concur.
· Validate that travel is complete and process travel documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with federal and travel procedures and policies.
· Track, monitor and notify manager and subject personnel of needed approvals, signatures or other actions to enable timely reimbursement processing and reporting.
· Coordinate with managers and staff to coordinate Time & Attendance per established procedures, which may include:
· Prepare and review federal personnel time and attendance reporting to verify accuracy for certification by manager(s) and supervisor(s) using the Business Enterprise System (BES), HRMIS and Fieldglass.
· May serve as timekeeping power user (able to input time for others as requested).
· Maintain and reconcile employee leave calendar submissions with payroll.
· Check leave slips to verify accuracy using organizational leave calendars and other documentation. Verify that time has been approved.
· Using Fieldglass, review time sheets for contract personnel to verify that reporting is accurate.
· Verify time and attendance procedures, policies and practices, including any special time recording requirements (admin leave, holidays, etc.) are communicated to management and staff in a timely manner.
· Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
· Provide overall administrative support to staff members by acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, SLMO, Workflow Connection, Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and administrative services groups to process, coordinate, request and track:
· Office moves and workstation adjustments using Workflow Connection.
· Onboarding activities for new contract and/or federal personnel.
· Computer, software upgrades IT equipment and other resource requests.
· Computer, copier, and printer maintenance.
· Requests for needed office supplies and distribute to appropriate staff per established procedures.
· Coordination of badge return to SLMO.
· Coordination of cell phone requirements and inventory for staff, including ordering, receiving, service setup, delivery, collection.
· Serve as organization’s central point of contact for accident reporting, including collection, correction, and distribution of required documentation, and communication with employees, managers, safety office, HCM, and other resources regarding policy, regulations, etc.
· Maintain office supply stock. Act as a point of contact for troubleshooting, configuration, inventory, and maintenance of office systems and processes.
· Coordinate maintenance for Government Vehicles (GOV) assigned to the organization; drive GOVs to and from service appointments and report mileage monthly.
· Coordinate with the Financial Systems and Automation group to maintain the organizational SharePoint site including updating changes and adding new content.
· Establish, maintain, and administer SharePoint organization, team and other meeting/project sites including setting up document repositories, calendars, workspaces, and tracking lists. Assists with content and permissions.
Maintain a tracking system of suspense items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions utilizing
· SharePoint. Coordinate and direct work unit responses for time-critical documents.
· Maintain all records management within SharePoint, including physical and electronic official files, retention and conformance.
· Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
· File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
· Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
· With oversight and approval of the manager / federal personnel, provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
· Review and process Transmittals for Administrator/CEO Approval (TACs) for assigned organizations and ascertain conformance to administrative policies, procedures and regulations. Verify proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action. Advise and provide guidance to confirm conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
· May coordinate or assist with organizational and events such as: presentations, retirements, project or employee recognition celebrations, and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) events.*
Organizational Specific Responsibilities:
· Provide support to financial analysts and managers for Finance’s internal and external communications, including externally to customers and constituents.
· Create agenda and presentation templates using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
· Post working documents to Sharepoint sites and provide communications to team members with file location, timeline for completion, and other relevant information.
· Coordinate review of significant publications and presentations with other departments, including incorporation of their edits and comments into working documents.
· Perform review and correction of documents and presentations for spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.
· Post completed documents to various internal and external web sites in advance of significant workshops, webinars or public processes. Send emails to various parties announcing the posting of the documents.
· Provide logistical support at significant internal and external meetings and workshops including organizing meeting rooms and facilities, setting up web conferences, preparing printed copies of presentations, managing sign-in / sign-out attendance sheets, running slide presentations during meetings, and so on.
· Take notes of discussions at significant internal and external meetings, including the tracking of follow-up items for resolution and reporting at future meetings.
Education & Corresponding Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or related field is preferred.
· 6 years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
· 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
· Intermediate to advanced skills/experience with SharePoint sufficient to:
Support, manage, edit and maintain site.
Apply on company website