Flux is currently seeking an Administrative Technician 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in The Dalles, OR. This position utilizes specific guidelines and references to perform recurring office procedures. The manager may provide instructions on new assignments and/or check completed work for accuracy. This position is located in a small, close-knit office environment. Successful candidates will be well-organized, have a strong attention to detail, can multi-task well and must possess strong people skills.
Position Responsibilities include:
Performs data entry using multiple computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, Concur (Government travel service), Microsoft SharePoint, etc. May enter inventory management data, vehicle mileage, training, travel, pen base program, utility bills, etc.
- Verifies group/organization timekeeping is accurate and follows BPA’s established guidelines, policies, and negotiated bargaining agreements (such as Columbia Power Trade Council (CPTC) for hourly workers). Where required, inputs time and labor information into appropriate system.
- As required, following established policy and process, prepares travel authorization and arrangements for management and staff travel using on‑line systems such as Concur (BPA travel software), etc. Prepares travel vouchers following established process using on‑line system, entering data from staff daily work reports and other communication.
- Performs data entry for P-card transactions, materials requests and invoices.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to routine telephone requests that have standard answers; refers calls and visitors to appropriate management and staff. As required, controls mail to assure timely staff response, and sends form letters. Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail, including bulk mailing packages.
- As requested, maintains calendars, makes appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- May receive requests for spare parts in stock and following established process, sends to field sites.
- As requested, and following direction or established process, orders or assists in ordering material and property listed in stock catalog from warehouse and other approved sources and arranges for delivery to field sites, as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains office files and provides clerical support, preparing forms for district functions, maintaining catalogs and posting (filing) changes to manuals.
- As requested, assists staff in the routine use of software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, etc.
- Processes and submits requests to manager for approval for needed office supplies; distribute supplies to appropriate staff per established BPA procedures.
- Serves as point-of-contact person for district or other office personnel regarding general district or administrative information.
- Coordinates and assists manager with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans; implements, oversees and completes related documentation. Schedules and tracks to completion all managers’ and employees’ quarterly progress reviews, while performing associated follow-up to obtaining requisite signatures and approvals. Ensures on-time documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) and verifies all processes are tracked to completion within established timelines.
- Takes minutes for various district meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3+ years of related administrative/customer service experience or equivalent combination.
- Advanced keyboarding/typing skills and experience
- Experience and skill in using Microsoft Office Suite of products, and skill in operating common office equipment
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions
Apply on company website