Flux is currently searching for an Architect for one of our clients located in Portland, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking an Architect who will work primarily remote at sites as needed to manage technical solutions to meet our Client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, designers and other professional consultants to design facilities for Advanced Technology manufacturing and will have specialized knowledge of applications in the Advance Technology/Semiconductor industry.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the architectural design on multi-discipline project teams in an A&E environment including coordination of all work between engineering disciplines.
- Defines the facility program requirements based on an understanding of the client’s environmental needs derived from meetings and the review of any documentation provided by the Client.
- Works as part of the team, managing and executing their expectations with multiple A&E and GC firms, and meeting the requirements of the local AHJ.
- Supports the facility program requirements based on an understanding of specifications
- Conducts code research specific to the project site, program and proposed use.
- Creates floor plans, code summaries, scoping documents, renderings as needed to communicate concepts and scope of work.
- Develops the base plan and communicates requirements to other engineering disciplines or sub consultants.
- Develops schematic design including sketches.
- Answers RFI’s and reviews submittals and shop drawings throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 5-10 years of industrial architectural design experience with a proven ability to lead the facility design.
- Minimum 2 of those years executing projects in Advanced Technology covering the Semi-Conductor sector.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new/Greenfield facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings is desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of clean rooms, labs and processing spaces.
- Knowledge/experience in design of Hazardous Occupancies related to Process Support Systems in the Advance Technology/Semiconductor industry.
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on industrial installations of utilities equipment is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Bachelor of Architecture degree is required
- Master of Architecture degree is desired
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website