Flux is currently searching for an Assistant Project Manager for one of our clients located in Birmingham, AL. Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Serving the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data center across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions.
Our client is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support our team of Project Managers with single and multi-discipline projects of small to medium size. Position will manage small projects, update project plans and prepare project status reports. Projects will primarily be for clients in the Manufacturing sector.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Project Managers with day-to-day project tasks and overall project tracking and reporting.
- Create and maintain project status reports.
- Collaborate with project team members to gather and share information related to the project to all stakeholders.
- Monitor engineering budgets, costs, and schedules.
- Manage single or multiple discipline projects with oversight from the Project Manager.
- Assist with the development of schedules for proposals and projects.
- Attend client meetings and travel to project sites as needed.
- Work with the estimating and cost group to help develop estimates and manage the cost of multiple projects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an Engineer, or 3 years related experience.
- CAPM certification or other PM knowledge is preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and proven results.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website