Flux is currently seeking a Business Analyst 2 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This position is located in the Transmission Technology Internal Business Operations (TTB) within the Transmission Services (T) business line. The position will provide TT with financial management support. This position supports the internal operations manager in budget development, tracking, reporting, policy and process management for Transmission Technology. Transmission Technology Services Internal Business Operations Management is responsible for providing Transmission technology support services including Strategy & Architecture, Program Planning & Delivery, Financial & Resource Management, Procurement Management, Process Management & Service Delivery Maturity, and Reliability Standards Owner reporting to the Internal Operations Manager.
Position Responsibilities include:
Facilitate and support budget and management activities across TT and in coordination with finance, including:
- Assist the manager with developing departmental start of year (SOY) budgets.
- Facilitate any in-year budget adjustments.
- Accrual processing.
- Quarterly financial and end of year forecasts for TT.
- Ongoing variance analysis and corrections.
- Support the development of IPR.
- Work order setup and utilization.
- Assist management in developing departmental budget management process improvements, which may include alternate reporting, data structures, workflows, and collection/input methods.
- Support Program Managers with monthly financial data analysis and other ad hoc requests related to their programs.
- Perform work order analysis and make recommendations to the internal operations manager.
- Assist management in developing reporting tools that document and communicate the progress of standards-related activities to verify timely completion; coordinate priorities and draft documentation on assigned related processes for management approval.
- Perform data entry and data quality reviews, data analysis, and run standard and ad-hoc reports for assigned duties.
- Provide assistance in preparing presentation materials including PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist in tracking TT Operations Technology procurement support requests and verify procurements meet 473-1 policy compliance.
- Assist COR with End User License Agreements reviews and provide recommendations to COR.
- Propose priorities and prepare final documentation on assigned process for management approval.
- Support team efforts to develop/validate data for the Transmission Asset Management plan/portfolio by working through project workflows, acquiring various data points, and verifying accuracy of information in various systems.
- Research and analyze internal processes; coordinate the development of and write clear, concise procedures to document those processes.
- Analyze research, facilitate solutions and assist management with implementing system enhancements for systems such as Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, etc. Monitor central email box and coordinate responses for requested information.
Populate and administer data in Asset Suite and PeopleSoft:
- Analyze existing processes and data flow.
- Determine and propose optimal roles and responsibilities.
- Collect data and perform subsequent analysis on trends.
- Assist with drafting and maintaining the Control Center procurement process documents for infrastructure, Operational Technology equipment, software, and maintenance or services contracts. Appropriate federal personnel will approve all draft documents and recommended changes.
- Perform staffing analysis based off of Demand & Capacity, Service Delivery, and Work Force metrics.
- Develop staffing recommendations for management based on staffing analysis.
- Develop data cubes and advanced analysis tools for management reporting and dashboards.
- Assist Management in implementing and integration of automated data management procedures.
- Collect, organize, and validate data and model results to establish data reporting completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Generate reports from various data repositories.
Assist Management in implementing and integration of electronic reporting and customer interfaces for TT supported services.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing / drafting and recommending requirements.
- Provide background information, technical input, solution options and weighted recommendations that facilitate decision-making and that will enable key requirements of the subject initiative and/or other projects to be met. This may include arranging, attending and facilitating decision-making sessions/meetings with Supply Chain management, Work Stream Leads and key internal stakeholders, including drafting agendas, answering technical questions and presenting information, options and recommendations for decision-maker consideration.
- Drafting training and tools to facilitate move to new processes.
• A degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science (or closely related field) is preferred.
o With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
o With an applicable Associates degree, 7 years of experience is required.
o Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
• Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
• Experience in automated data systems to include SharePoint and Visio and a high degree of efficiency in technical dynamics of software output (e.g. use of advanced printing such as to plotters, capabilities of cross-software embedding for purposes of presentations, technical webinars, etc.).
• Experience with PowerBi, Excel, or similar reporting tools.
Apply on company website