Flux is currently seeking a Business Analyst 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This position will primarily support the TTB Work Planning and Deliver Office (WPDO) Demand & Capacity initiative but may also be assigned work on other WPDO projects. The Demand & Capacity initiative is chartered to provide work demand and capacity analysis for TT.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate and maintain consistent communication with the project manager on the progress of the project versus the plan.
- Draft and prepare work plans as requested by manager.
- Maintain project plan, action items tracker and risks/issues log.
- Schedule meetings, interviews and job shadows.
- In coordination with Portfolio Manager, Project Managers and other Business Analysts conducts health checks on current projects to identify successes of organizational readiness, leadership, skilled resources, project management, quality of requirements and design, solution delivery.
Supporting Requirements Development:
- Perform bench mark research activity to verify that demand and capacity processes, policies and other information are collected and organized.
- Assist project manager by collecting current state data across the organization.
- Provide assistance to project manager with analysis of the current state findings as needed.
- Coordinate the collection of the business requirements including business processes, roles and responsibilities, data requirements, and information sufficient to be in alignment with the MCIT strategy and related initiatives.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing requirements.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Prepare key project deliverable documents including: requirements, process diagrams, system design, workflow maps, project plans, change management plans and user plans.
- Assist BSA and other team members with QA activities such as testing and validating data including portfolio management reports from the Excel/Access Allocation data base tool. This may include proofreading and correcting instructional material in the use of those system interfaces. Within the next few months she will be helping with the same type of quality validation activities involving data and reports in MS Project Server instance for the Transmission Technology Demand and Capacity tool.
- Document business requirements for demand and capacity reports within the portfolio management process for identified report users. This work will transition to the new tool that is replacing the Excel/Access data base tool (i.e., the MS Project Server tool). The report content will expand to include demand data.
Solution Development and Proposal:
- In collaboration with, and under the governance of ’s IT department, design SharePoint sites, tracking tools and recommend solutions based on requirements and best practices.
- Provide background information, technical input, solution options and weighted recommendations that facilitate decision making and that will enable key requirements of the subject initiative and/or other projects to be met. This may include arranging, attending and facilitating decision-making sessions/meetings with management, executives and key stakeholders, including drafting agendas, answering technical questions and presenting information, options and recommendations for decision-maker consideration.
- Support the identification of organizational alignment and culture change required to advance improvement efforts towards the overall objective.
- Recommend and assist management in developing solutions that integrate the various Project Portfolios and tasks across the various systems in Transmission Technology.
- Draft and prepare training documentation for users on Phase I tool.
- Participate in identifying change impact for impacted groups.
- Assist change manager with business readiness strategy and actions.
- Assist change manager with preparation for and facilitation of integrated planning sessions.
- Participate and assist in change management / informational presentations and/or sessions with a variety of employees ranging from line workers to executives, in both small and large groups, in order to promote buy-in and change satisfaction.
- Facilitate various system verification activities such as systems and user testing.
- Prepare, draft, and recommend new or revised change management processes, procedures and/or workflows to meet / address customer / end-user requirements.
- Provide first line technical support to business users of the developed solutions.
- Prepare, draft, and recommend changes and updates to user manuals, onboarding and training documentation.
- Analyze solutions and business practices for efficiency and effectiveness. Based on the analyses, initiate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complete documentation for project development efforts (including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures) and work closely with development team and business teams to help enable successful implementation.
- Communicate effectively, including facilitation, negotiation, priorities and conflict resolution, with a wide variety of technical and business experts and stakeholders in both individual and group settings. Act as a liaison between technical and business teams to help enable successful implementation of technology projects.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; use findings and insights to draft project and change management plans and other project considerations.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Technology Management, Information Management, Engineering, Business Systems, Computer Science or Technology (or related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include business/process analysis, re-engineering, and optimization in relation to implementing IT systems.
- 8 years’ experience using MS Access database design and administration.
- 8 years’ experience using MS Project, basic experience in MS Project Server and Project Web Applications.
- 8 years’ experience using Visio and/or other flowchart tools.
- 5 years’ experience with SSRS and/or SQL.
- 5 years’ experience in automating with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- 8 years’ experience with SharePoint.
- 8 years’ experience using Excel, including pivot tables, charting and reporting
- 8 years’ of analyst experience using modeling languages, technical product life cycle concepts and requirements engineering, among other applied skills and knowledge is required.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Technical interviewing skills sufficient to:
- Interview in the business environment.
- Elicit and define requirements.
- Facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions.
Apply on company website