Flux is currently seeking a Business Analyst 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Portland, OR. This position will serve as point-of-contact, collaborating with the manager, team members and business stakeholders to: clarify business operations, functions, provide gap analysis, document/map current and future states, identify and recommend solution alternatives, evaluate alternatives, and define / draft and/or recommend resulting business and change management approaches, strategies, processes, procedures, workflows, etc. This position will also recommend, promote and actively support change management plans and implementation. Additionally, this position will assist in general process improvement activities and in process and procedures documentation for newly designed processes.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate, support, and assist with the development of: project and change management implementation plans; solutions alternatives analysis; and business case development, as requested by manager / other federal personnel.
- Collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings to determine project / project team requirements; recommend / request project resources from appropriate program manager.
- Research, interview internal customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements, which may include software solutions; and/or business process, procedure or workflow development; present solution recommendations for management and stakeholders’ consideration and approval.
- Research and analyze potential solutions and/or the potential impacts of solution options; present solution options and recommendations, which may include input / incorporation of team recommendations.
- Support the project team through the project management process (assisting Management in creating and implementing the project plan).
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate team working sessions to analyze and document/map current state processes, value streams, and business capabilities and future state processes, value streams, and business capabilities.
- Draft and recommend key project deliverable documents including: requirements, process diagrams, architectural models, workflow maps, project plans, change management plans, and materials for stakeholder meetings.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to technical staff and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. This includes planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Follow established methodologies and processes to document and analyze aspects of the current state or future (end) state and recommend steps to close identified gaps.
- Assist with on-going process improvement, including current state documentation, gap analysis, and drafting process and procedure documents for key business processes.
- Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the project requirements and/or solutions vetting process, incorporating analysis and criteria in decision-making materials and presentations.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations that facilitate decision making and that will facilitate key requirements of the project milestone to be met. This may include arranging, setting and facilitating decision-making sessions/meetings, drafting agendas, leading discussions and presenting information, options and recommendations.
- Evaluate and assess business capability (process, people, information, technology) change impacts and recommend appropriate change mitigation activities.
- Design templates and tools to support the project management methodology, including creating, recommending and utilizing tools to assist PMs, managers, or team members in tracking and reporting project progress / status, project milestones and deliverables, and metrics reporting.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects/assignments to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project / assignment timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Alert appropriate manager / personnel of any concerns obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- As requested, perform appropriate testing of recommended solutions, including new analytical tools or components, new or revised workflows, processes, standards, business-case criteria, and/or mitigation measures.
- Plan, facilitate, and promote change management / informational presentations and/or sessions with a variety of employees ranging from line workers to executives, in both small and large groups, in order to promote buy-in and change satisfaction.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; incorporate findings and insights into project and change management plans, decision-making information and recommendations and other project considerations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with IT developers and subject matter experts to convey the management-approved technical vision and to analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; work with appropriate manager / federal personnel to reconcile and determine acceptable tradeoffs.
- Develop /draft approximate documentation to validate repeatability of processes, to facilitate training of new analytical tools and to support business continuity and knowledge transfer.
- Maintain consistent communication with the program manager, project manager, manager, and others as requested.
- Alert the Manager of obstacles or work with the sponsor or performance managers to remove obstacles so that the team can complete the project.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding project / assignment status and concerns, with appropriate parties, including the manager, project manager, stakeholders, project team, etc.
- An Associate’s degree Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Organizational Development (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 10 yrs of experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 yrs of experience is required.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or closely related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Master’s degree, 6 yrs of experience is required.
Experience should include previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience, including all aspects of business analysis; typically responsible for large-sized projects (more than $2M lifecycle cost).
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with MS Visio, Access, and Project, including proficiency in modeling, visualization, and presentation tools.
Apply on company website