Flux is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. The position is a combination of Business and Data Analysis, Business Systems Analysis, and Power BI Development. The primary focus of this role is to perform data modeling, data analysis, and reporting in order to provide consumable information, visibility to critical data metrics and insights that can assist data driven decision making. This position will promote data integrity, monitor data quality, and execute timely reporting. This position also involves assessing customer needs, identifying sources of data, and preparing data models and reports (dashboards, visualizations, tables etc.)
Position Responsibilities include:
Typical Tasks may include but are not limited to:
Provide a high level of professional engineering expertise, support and assistance in planning and implementing software projects critical to Transmission Services.
- Provide technical engineering expertise, input and recommendations to appropriate the manager / personnel for determining specifications and planning replacement EMS data modeling systems [mainly, e-terrasource (ETS)] needed to meet the demanding performance and user requirements of the future for review, consideration and acceptance.
- Provide technical engineering expertise, input and recommendations to appropriate manager / personnel for redesigning the EMS data modeling environment and related processes and procedures, ensuring that the results meet the requirement.
- Draft & maintain documentation of procedures & processes used in the development, integration & deployment, triage, troubleshooting & implementation of corrections to ETS.
- Provide training to other staff on above processes & procedures.
- Design and code diagnostic software to assist hardware personnel in finding and resolving hardware problems.
- Provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) support for the DTF Power System Model including supporting integration with the SCADA, AGC & PSST clones including:
- Triage, troubleshooting & repair of system problems.
- System performance monitoring.
- Application corrections, improvements & functional enhancements as defined.
- Follow established software control standards and procedures, and maintain quality documentation.
- Maintain documentation, files and filing system(s) in accordance with compliance requirements. Verify all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes. Maintain file records in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
- Study existing failures and electronic problem reports, including those of hardware interfaces, to investigate and research current problems / issues.
- Work with the hardware staff, dispatchers, communications and field personnel, as required, to draft and present root cause / problem analysis and corrective action recommendations for review, consideration and acceptance.
- Recommend software solutions and procedures to recover from malfunctions in order to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Monitor and analyze computer performance; alerting personnel and documenting issues, concerns, status, etc.
- Recommend alternate solutions, such as hardware changes, if they are considered necessary to improve performance, personnel review and approval; install and implement management-approved changes.
- Draft operational procedures for computer operators, the Network and System Operations Center (N-SOC), software staff, and other users as required; submit draft materials for review, finalization and approval.
- Provide routine / standard technical engineering expertise, assistance and approved training to the operators, N-SOC’s, and hardware and software staff.
- A degree in Information Technology/Systems, Technology Management, Information Management, Engineering, Business Systems, Computer Science or Technology (or related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8+ years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 10+ years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business systems analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience should include business/process analysis, re-engineering, and optimization in relation to implementing IT systems, Business processes, or Operations Management.
- Experience should also include practical use of modeling languages, technical product life cycle concepts and requirements engineering,
- 8+ years’ experience in the following:
- Generating reports from various data repositories
- Utilizing MS Access database design and administration.
- Utilizing Excel, including pivot tables, charting and reporting
- SSRS and/or SQL.
- 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Utilizing Visio and/or other flowchart tools.
- Automating with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- 1+ year experience using Power BI, including ability to write Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Proficient with Power Query Language (M).
- Technical writing skills sufficient to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Technical interviewing skills sufficient to:
- Interview in the business environment.
- Elicit and define requirements.
- Facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions.
- Must possess the skills, knowledge and ability to:
- Utilize methods that scale to big data sets and that are applicable to enterprise data warehouses.
- Understand large and complex source systems and data sets; able to integrate varying viewpoints and perspectives into analysis and interpretation.
- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately.
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website