Flux is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Portland, OR. This position will provide support to the Financial Systems and Automation (FC) group within the Finance (F) organization. With specific, initial focus on support of the Finance and BES SharePoint Site, Security/role, Operational support for the Financial Management System(s), Financial Data Stewardship, documentation and development of training and procedures; and potentially, other projects/assignments of similar size and scope. This position will serve as an analyst and collaborate with the manager, team members and business stakeholders to: clarify business operations, functions, requirements, provide gap analysis, document/map current and future states, identify and recommend solution alternatives, evaluate alternatives, and develop/draft and/or recommend resulting business and change management approaches, strategies, processes, procedures, workflows, etc. The Business Systems Analyst will analyze, facilitate, model, optimize, and organize processes and information in order to elicit requirements, reconcile conflicts, and marry solution ideas with business needs.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning up the Finance SharePoint site and BES SharePoint site.
- Develop SharePoint sites and pages for Finance employees or other organizations.
- Provide user access and security to the Finance SharePoint site, BES SharePoint site, Financial Management System and other associated systems within Finance.
- Provide SharePoint permissions management expertise; verify project team SharePoint site aligns with permissions management best practices and IGLM standards.
- Resolve production issues in the Financial Management System(s).
- In collaboration with the FC staff, technical lead(s) in IT, Sponsor and Project teams, resolve break-fix issues.
- Perform root cause analysis and solve difficult problems with effective solutions by pursuing missing information and data requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and recommend next steps, document via a CRM ticket for Tech team; work with Tech team to fix and track defects; recommend interface changes and screen configuration.
- Provide technical expertise to project teams for F software upgrades to:
- Add new functionality to existing F systems;
- Support implementation of new systems and process improvements;
- Assess the viability of new system functionality provided in new releases or patches to applications or new applications;
- Study the effect of changes on overall system operation;
- Review recommendations for new capabilities;
- Track new system installation and testing, user training, and the modification of existing systems.
- Provide systems planning support, draft use case/requirements, and provide system mapping to foster the integration of upstream and downstream systems in F.
- Work with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
- Study the system, system operations and maintenance issues, business practices, and procedures to determine the scope and content of specialized training programs designed to increase the skills and knowledge of staff members.
- Prepare and support structured management of business documents and artifacts, such as training documentation, desk procedures, quick start guides, system requirements, and process designs; publish documents to systems and document storage sites.
Facilitate system testing; prepare or assist with preparation of test plans as appropriate to the scale of the changes to the system;
- Collaborate with project/system staff on scope and rigor of testing, help arrange for testers, coordinate test plans, help implement testing, test if required, and compile or assist with compilation of test results;
- Communicate or assist with communications with system IT staff on test plans, testing, and test results.
- Maintain, update and track defects and enhancements in defect tracking tool; prepare and present reports to staff.
- Research, interview internal customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements which may include software solutions; present solution recommendations for management, executives, and stakeholders consideration and approval.
- Provide technical expertise on best practices in data analysis, business intelligence, business analysis, change management and performance management.
- Develop documentation to: 1) validate repeatability of processes; 2) facilitate training of new analytical tools; and 3) support business continuity and knowledge transfer; draft and recommend key project deliverable documents including: requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, change management plans, and project materials for stakeholder meetings.
- As requested, perform appropriate testing of recommended and/or management-approved solutions, including creating/drafting and recommending new analytical tools or components, new or revised workflows, processes, standards, business-case criteria, and/or mitigation measures.
- Collaborate with IT developers and subject matter experts to convey the management-approved technical vision and to analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; work with appropriate manager / personnel to reconcile and determine acceptable “tradeoffs”.
- Training Support:
- Apply and train team on advanced business analysis concepts such as an operational excellence lifecycle, data management, and business intelligence.
- Identify training needs and include major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation and evaluation processes resulting from such elements as continuing changes in program, technological developments, unknown phenomena, or conflicting requirements.
- Assist management with implementing a Training Plan that successfully allows the user community to efficiently and effectively use a new system or upgraded system. Audience/user Community may include internal and external customers/users.
- Plan and carry out the training project or assignment (delivery) including resolving most problems, coordinating the work with others, interpreting internal procedures in terms of established objectives, recommending approach to be taken, and the methods and techniques to be employed, and training the trainers if appropriate.
- Work with Project team, Project Sponsors, managers, and affected staff to document and recommend training needs and delivery; assess the training needs and develop content; determine the emphasis to be placed upon each segment; research and utilize the necessary information to draft training manuals and materials.
- Prepare and recommend methods to evaluate trainee progress in the system and business process related training, as well as for continuing education.
- Conduct in person or online training sessions of large, diverse system users. Audience may include internal and external customers/users.
- Prepare and deliver formal on-boarding training programs for system users, as well as a continuing education program for system users and staff operating the system.
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Management (or closely related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include be consistent with the specific requirements of business and systems analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 years SharePoint experience to include SharePoint development and SharePoint security.
- 2 years’ experience with system development, testing, resolving break-fix issues and tracking system defects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010; knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, sufficient to create Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, Visio flowcharts and diagrams and Microsoft Project inputs.
- Technical writing skills and experience presenting information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
Apply on company website