Flux is currently seeking a Construction Inspector (Railroad) to be part of our team in Dallas, TX. Our client provides proven experience in planning, design and engineering, surveying, and construction oversight for a wide range of railroad projects. Our railroad professionals have the technical expertise to develop successful system-wide rail projects for both freight and passenger rail systems. Our client works directly with Class I railroads, short line railroads, industrial clients, ports, and public agencies to assist with the ongoing and ever-increasing demand to move freight, people, and cargo safely and more efficiently.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform field construction observation for heavy civil projects
- Manage the progression of the construction work
- Facilitate coordination between clients and contractors.
- Some night, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
- 20 hours of overtime per week is expected, but not guaranteed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 2+ years of working on or overseeing construction projects
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Previous experience working on railroad construction projects
- Previous experience working on construction projects with earthwork and/or structural components
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website