Flux is currently seeking a Drainage Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with a global professional services group in planning and design for urban development and transportation.
How you’ll spend your days:
The candidate will be part of teams responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for our Client's Engineering and Construction business including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods), and preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
- Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
- Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
- Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, SBUH and HSPF Method programs
Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
- Understanding of the various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
- Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
- Storm water quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance and erosion control requirements
- Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Civil Storm, Pond Pack, Flow Master, 2D experience helpful such as SRH-2D
- Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
- Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
- Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 years post-graduate experience.
- Design experience or Design-Build project experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts.
- The candidate will possess strong project management skills including: scope development, schedule management and earned value management.
- The candidate will lead plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development and will be responsible / in charge of engineering work and will be the Engineer of Record for final design projects.
- Must have P.E.
- This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary
- 5 Weeks PTO.
- 40 hours per year sick time
- Career Development Fund
- Medical including a HSA option with contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 8% Match
- 401(k) Automatic enrollment and escalation
Apply on company website