Flux is currently searching for an Electrical Engineer, Tool Install for one of our clients located in Chandler, AZ. Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Serving the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data center across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer, Tool Install responsible for actively updating and refine safety in design specifications and checklists as related to the Tool Install Discipline. Be responsible for the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project. Ensure that company safety policies and Site Specific Plans are proactively communicated and consistently enforced where needed on each project.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution required for the construction of high tech manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
- Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission critical reliability.
- Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and building codes.
- Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Engineering Manager.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Load calculation – 480V, 5Kv and 15 KV level
- Three-phase feeder sizing for switchgear, switchboard, panelboards, motors (up to 250hp)
- Ability to check/review one-line diagrams and make corrections, as the load being added
- Competency in laying out electrical equipment on the plan and coordinate with mechanical, architectural and structural discipline
- Ability to route major (3”to 6”) conduits through the facility in coordination with space management
- Ability to size up large (up to 36” wide) cable trays for 15KV and 480V
- Very good skills with Excel-based panelboard schedules
- Ability to do all the above using AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of SKM Power Tools – highly desirable
- B.S., Electrical Engineering. 7+ years of experience. P.E. license by examination preferred but not required and previous, semiconductor, government, and data center/mission critical facility or manufacturing project experience is required.
- 5-10 years experience in semiconductor tool-install.
- Excellent CAD skills
- Excellent technical, organizational, and problem solving skills
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website