Flux is currently seeking an Engineering Support Specialist 1 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This position will update and maintain TET work plan and project information with regard to the availability of printed project materials, assignment/maintenance/record keeping of GSA vehicles and test equipment, assignment of test equipment, scanning and submittal of record revisions post project completion, and the aligning of resources and materials needed in order to maintain current production schedules.
Position Responsibilities include:
Typical Tasks may include but are not limited to:
Provide a high level of professional engineering expertise, support and assistance in planning and implementing software projects critical to Transmission Services.
- Provide technical engineering expertise, input and recommendations to appropriate manager / personnel for determining specifications and planning replacement EMS data modeling systems [mainly, e-terrasource (ETS)] needed to meet the demanding performance and user requirements of the future for review, consideration and acceptance.
- Coordinate and track print packages and materials needed prior to and during capital work on pre-commissioning and testing and current commissioning and testing projects. Research and resolve basic field problems arising from issues with materials.
- Utilize TET SharePoint site to enter print availability and property inventory data, and retrieve energization data and test forms.
Maintain files for GSA fleet vehicles for TETC, TETS, TETD-assigned and loan pool vehicles; assign vehicles to field, office and contract workers to include:
- Record mileage and schedule vehicle repairs/service/maintenance, etc.
- Deliver GSA vehicles to field staff as necessary.
- Schedule rotation of vehicles to maintain even mileage and wear.
- Arrange for equipping of GSA vehicles and facilitate POV check-in/out of appropriate safety equipment necessary for field use.
- Distribute and track test materials and equipment to engineers and technicians in the field.
- Enter and distribute office supply orders for field engineers as needed.
- Assist with the distribution of construction/record revision printed materials as needed by TETC/TETD field workers.
- Maintain and file blueprint records and revisions, which include ordering the proper amount of print storage tubs, keeping the print tubs up to date and delivered to the proper site.
- A degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Logistics Management, Engineering (or closely related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, .5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 2 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 4 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of engineering operations and progressively more technical in nature.
- 6 months experience working with construction/record revision print identification, test equipment needs and inventory control.
Apply on company website