Flux is currently searching for an I&C Manager for one of our clients located in Albany, NY. Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Serving the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data center across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions.
Our client is seeking an I&C Manager responsible for coordinating the preparation of Quality Reviews, and coordinating or directing the resolution of complex technical or design problems. The I&C Discipline Manager in this position shall be experienced in calculation, design, selection, specification, and construction of mechanical systems for commercial and industrial buildings. Knowledge includes heating/cooling load calculations, duct and pipe design, and control sequences of operation.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with design and technical teams, including the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Architects, and Project Specialists, while supporting and leading the development of design deliverables, such as Construction drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates
- Complete and/or direct completion of project deliverables such as Sequences of Operations (SOO), Point Management Database (PMD), Instrument List and ISA S20 Datasheets, Instrument and Panel location drawings, project specifications, and network topologies.
- Start and maintain a discipline file of working project documents for the project.
- Mentoring Jr. Engineers and designers.
- Interfaces with other disciplines, clients, vendors, and project engineers to support project production
- Produce Control Panel Drawings including elevations, BOM, wiring schematic, and details.
- The I&C Manager will interface with clients, attend client interviews, assist in preparation of proposals, estimate man hours, and use project workflow documents.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advance use of AutoCAD, AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Electrical, Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, OneNote)
- Basic understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC): Allen Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix), Siemens S7 Series, Modicon (M340, Momentum, Premium, Quantum)
- Basic understanding of Instruments (Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Level, Analytical), valves, Sequence of Operations / Control Narratives, Network Topologies
- Experience working with databases (Specifications, Instrument lists, I/O assignments, Wiring Terminations)
- Strong understanding of semiconductor process systems including.
- Must be able to create and understand P&ID’s
- Extensive knowledge of ISA symbols, tagging, loop diagrams and instrument data sheets
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineer is preferred but not required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical) or ability to acquire licenses within 3 months. Preferable to be a NCEES Record holder.
- Controls design experience should include:
- Electric/ pneumatic controls
- Mechanical Systems:
- HVAC Systems (Air Handles, Cooling Towers, Chillers, Heat Exchangers)
- General Exhaust and Scrubbed Exhaust Systems
- Compress Air Systems
- Process Systems:
- Gas, Chemical, and Slurry delivery system
- Ultra-pure water (UPW) systems
- Wastewater Collection and Treatment systems
- Working knowledge of ISA, NEC, API, NFPA, and NEMA codes / standards.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website