Flux is currently searching for a Mechanical Designer for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Explore the benefits that go hand-in-hand with a Mechanical Designer position at SSOE Group. Collaboration, accountability, and top-notch training are building blocks we use to set you up for success.
The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for detailed phases of industrial facilities system design work on major projects or total design work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Coordinates and directs the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking portions of the completed drawings.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins. Initiates project change orders for submittal to the project manager.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports and final punch list. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Develops an understanding for other discipline’s needs and requirements and relates them to own discipline and total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent external customer contact.
- May be requested to attend training to develop supervisory skills.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing design and construction cost estimates.
- Travel potential but not required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website