Flux is currently searching for a Project Manager for one of our clients located in Santa Clara, CA. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to lead all aspects of the design projects, including schedule, cost, budget and scope. This role is leading our client projects that are within our client programs dedicated to chemical lab/offices. The size of our projects in these industries range in size, scope and complexity; no two projects are alike and each will bring its own unique challenge and solution
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Leads internal meetings, client meetings, and workgroup meetings with minimal guidance from supervisor. Documents meeting minutes and action required items; helps drive open items to closure.
- Identifies and resolves design problems with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Ensures that work complies with client standards and requirements.
- Creates/modifies/marks up tool design packages in AutoCAD.
- Provides RFI responses (working with content experts).
- Performs routine field walks to validate that design is constructible.
- Coordinates in-house project and project engineering/design schedules.
- Sets up internal design reviews; schedules meeting rooms.
- Tracks tools schedule with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Ensures that work complies with specifications of Tool Install Contract.
- Creates estimates for scope of work.
- Coordinates project design with outside consultants.
- Manages assigned design's Schedule, Scope, Cost and Quality.
- Coordinates with local government agencies in applying for permits, relaying comments back and forth to the designated Engineers Design Lead, and have the capability to handle payments for permits.
- Required to make frequent trips to submit/pick up permits at designated jurisdictions in the Bay area.
- Field work to identify obstructions to construction and to verify utility points of connection.
- Tracking of permit status and expiration dates.
- Tracking of permitting expenses.
- Job duties may include onsite field verification of architectural, mechanical, process, electrical, and structural systems during the design process and after IFC to support RFI's.
- Communication with client, PM and Design Team.
- Will be involved in reviewing packages with client.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Multi Discipline Experience – able to communicate mechanical, process, structural, electrical needs from City and Fire permit review team to Design engineers.
- Able to conduct field verification in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit.
- AutoCAD not required but a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk, perform field verification which may require stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders, and crawling under a raised metal floor. In addition the employee will be required to perform those functions while in a clean room suit. May rarely life and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Although the aforementioned physical demands are representative of what is required, modifications may occur which are client-specific. Training for subsequent physical demands will be given or arranged for a project-by-project basis for those going to a unique environment.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website