Flux is currently seeking a Realty Technician 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Portland, OR. This position will support the Real Property Services Projects Technical Support organization by ordering, maintaining and facilitating the title reports for all of Real Property Services. This position may involve overnight travel, throughout the organization’s service area of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Western Montana, Northern Nevada, Northern California and Western Wyoming. TER is responsible for managing the Land Management System. This position will handle sensitive and confidential information/documents and must protect that information according to established policy/processes. The position will also provide support for verifying that realty transactions are completed according to Federal requirements.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Order and coordinate all new title reports and keep the title reports updated throughout the life of the projects (requirements are throughout OR, WA, ID, MT and a few counties in CA and WY).
- Review title reports to verify that the legal instruments are included, correct and legible.
- Verify parties in the chain of title to validate if the vesting deed is correct.
- Verify that the information on the title search and documentation is complete.
- Verify that accurate title information is provided to clients.
- Prepare correspondence and documentation as required for transmittal of title reviews.
- Work closely with the title staff and follow-up on title-issues with the title company to ensure reports are accurate and delivered on time.
- Facilitate communication across internal TER staff of title receipt & delivery to customers.
- Update internal system to track title reports.
- Scan official records and enter data into RPM, Application Extender (AX), Land Information System (LIS).
- Perform technical lead role in providing title reports support to TER staff and stakeholders.
- Examine security deeds, liens, judgments, easements, plats, tax maps and surveys to verify legal description, ownership, restrictions, or conformity to requirements.
- Review real estate-related agreements to validate compliance with Realty policies.
- Utilize various county internet web sites, Land Information System (LIS), Transmission Viewer (TView2), ProjectWise, Transmission Line Maintenance (TLM) APPS, as well as Application Extender.to order, verify and maintain title reports.
- Answer real estate questions from the public including landowners, developers, public agencies, and utility companies regarding documented policy of proposed uses of right-of-ways (Info Calls).
- Respond to questions from the public that are general in nature or refers calls more complex in nature to a more experienced Realty Technician or Realty Specialist.
- At the request of the Manager, review and analyze title policies and documents and initiate steps to remove routine objectionable items, subject to approval by legal counsel.
- Prepare correspondence as necessary (letters, memorandums, etc.).
- Perform copying, mail delivery, faxing report collations, and document assembly.
- Quality assurance reviewer to provide QA/QC to finalize land acquisition assembly packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Preliminary title review preparation (PTR prep) to office of general counsel (OGC).
- Back up for preparing documents for recording with counties.
- Follow up to verify final title policy is complete and accurate.
- Work with title company outreach to assist with process development and refinement.
- Assist in the completion, verification of legal description accuracy, consistency and format/clerical accuracy for a variety of land documents prepared by Realty Specialists.
- Provide back up support for records management and scanning:
- Provide operational support in managing Real Property records including receipt, transfer, retrieval, inventory, review and disposition of records.
- Scan official records and enter land acquisition data into Real Property’s Land Information System (LIS).
- Pull hard copy property records, review and verify that valuations and title information has been accurately entered (included dates, values and addresses of properties).
- Assist in the verification of legal description accuracy, consistency and format/clerical accuracy for a variety of land documents prepared by Realty Specialists.
- Actively participate in efforts to research and resolve identified process gaps/issues within TER; develop/draft and recommend potential solutions.
- Attend and participate in briefings, presentations, and working groups involving a wide range of Realty related issues and customer driven improvement opportunities.
- May serve as project team coordinator and/or point-of-contact on process improvement or data analysis initiatives. Analyze, collect, organize, and validate data and modeling results. Prepare and present materials on findings and potential recommendations.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years of direct work experience in land acquisition, including all aspects of process development, planning and execution is required.
- Real Estate or Title experience or knowledge; or experience with other Federal Real Property programs is required.
- Expert knowledge of advanced real estate title concepts, processes and legal documents as well as the effect on title to real property.
- Knowledge of title insurance commitment, policy format and all procedures required preparing including abstracting, title examinations/review, post-closing, etc.
- 3 years of experience using scanners and electronic records systems.
Apply on company website