Flux is currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Serving the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data center across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions.
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods and techniques for the execution of work on small to larger projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Develop concept programming reports.
- Design from concept programming through execution.
- Interface with design team, project managers and clients to lead effort for the development of electrical design packages.
- Prepare and review construction documents (construction specifications, submittals, RFI’s).
- Direct and coach junior engineers and designers.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Low voltage power system modeling and coordination.
- Perform design with assuring code compliant.
- Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lighting, lighting controls, generators, UPS, battery systems, photovoltaic systems, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security and telecommunications systems
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed professional engineer (PE) required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of experience in industrial and advanced tech facilities preferred, extensive experience in commercial power distribution design will also be considered.
- Familiarity with applicable codes & standards, including the National Electrical Code.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion.
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field.
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- General knowledge of monitoring and control of industrial systems a plus.
- Experience with Medium voltage normal power distribution systems and relay coordination a plus.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website