Flux is currently searching for a Structural Engineer (PE) for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking a Structural Engineer, PE to reinforce our team of skilled multidiscipline engineers and designers. The ideal candidate is committed to producing high quality deliverables varied projects for advanced technology clients.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Produces organized structural calculations for support systems required to enable lead discipline designs and assist lead structural engineer.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required.
- Design new efficient structural systems using steel, concrete, and strut and deliver design information on time.
- Develop understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for engineering decisions for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Sketches design into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree or Masters degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- PE required. SE a plus.
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic requirements.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
- Experience with REVIT preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website