This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) or Store Manager to receive, price, stock and display computers and/or computer merchandise to meet the needs of the store's customers, drive sales and profits. May assist Team Members with completing work of the department. Acts as leader on duty, responding to customer and team member concerns in absence of store manager, as well as opening and closing the store and ensuring all bookstore property and team members are safe and secure. Key Responsibilities:
- Leads the work activities of Team Members, FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Leads the activities of the Team Members in the department according to established guidelines
- Assist customers and suggests selection of computers and computer merchandise
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards
- Leads and may assist Team Members with processing online orders including but not limited to:
- Enters sales
- Pulls computers and computer merchandise and prepares same for customer pick-up or shipment.
- Communicates order status to customers
- Performs periodic website maintenance
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken according.
- Greets and assists customers with inquiries and purchases utilizing cash register to process payments and refunds and resolves escalated customer issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Verifies cashier daily balancing of cash drawers for accuracy while ensuring safe cash handling policies and procedures are followed including cash, checks, and credit/debit cards.
- Coordinates work schedules with other departments to insure adequate coverage of the selling floor and telephones at all times.
- Receives and verifies orders and complete store reports.
- May be a key holder and responsible for opening and/or closing the store.
- Maintains neat and clean store and work areas.
- Understands and processes website orders including picking merchandise and shipping orders.
- May assist other team members with completing the work of the department as well as offsite opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of expereince
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience (preferred)
- Basic computer skills which include the ability to create and save text documents and to create and send emails
- Previous experience in a retail environment (preferred)
- Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Uses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills-- clear, concise and positive.
Apply on company website