Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
RN - Pre-Operative - Per Diem (Foothill)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Pre-Operative Registered Nurse collaborates with surgical and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for patients prior to surgical or operative procedures. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient/family/significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the preoperative period. Utilize physical assessment techniques for review of systems and processes, at time of assessment/reassessment based on the patient condition. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of students and nurses new to the unit.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Administers patient medications, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner. Recognizes change in patient conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Ensures patient is appropriately prepped for procedure.
- Performs a complete health history, physical assessment, including vital signs. Ensures accurate completion of preop checklist and informed consent. Evaluates and documents patient's response to care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based and within scope of licensure. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, or ethnic background. Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out relationships with the patient and co-workers.
- Collaborates with staff and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for patients that considers patient age, cultural and religious preferences. Supports the patient's participation in planning for their care and acts as a source of information, articulately responding to questions and providing resources/education.
Minimum Education: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of six (6) months current experience as a Registered Nurse for Ambulatory Surgery, Medical/Surgical Unit or Surgery. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English required. Ability to work variable shits including evenings, nights, weekend, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: AHA Basic Life Support, AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Preop, Pre-Operative, Pre-Op Surgery, RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing
Apply on company website