Forwood Manor is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 250 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Staff Development Coordinator to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to provide and/or develop facility educational programs (orientation, mandatory/ongoing in-services).
- Utilizes regulations, practice guidelines and job descriptions to design, plan and provide educational programs for all shifts and departments.
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of the in-service educations programs of this facility.
- Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Coordinator in developing and implementing a quality assurance program for in-service training.
- Develop, direct and schedule refresher training as necessary, for assigned staff and licensed professional personnel.
- Remain current on new developments by attending professional institutions, reading professional journals and attending professional seminars.
- Attend and participate in relevant professional associations activities and programs
- Keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the administrator.
- Maintains current records of classes and content of in-service programs conducted, attendance and performance of facility employees.
- Conduct and maintain nurse aide training program (if provided by the facility).
- Serves as charge person in the facility in absence of higher-ranking management.
- Maintains current knowledge of facility practice guidelines and state/federal regulations.
- A Registered Nurse with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing preferred
- Minimum of LPN with experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website