Fountain Springs Healthcare Center is seeking an Activity Assistant to work in our center.
We have a full time and part time position available.
The ideal candidate will have great attendance and be able to pass a background screening. In this position, the activities assistant will lead group activities, one to one visits, charting, outings, transportation and other activities for the residents at the center. Attendance and punctuality are important to this position as the residents look forward to and depend on their activities to enhance their daily lives.
If you are interested in making a difference in residents' daily lives and are able to provide the services listed below, we would like you to apply.Activity Assistant Essential Functions:
- Implement group programming that promotes interaction between residents. May be requested to assist in planning such activities.
- Notifies residents and staff of activity schedules.
- Monitors residents and visitors at events to help maintain orderly conduct.
- Visits with residents on a one-to-one basis as directed by the Activities Director in order to provide:
- A friendly visitor.
- Sensory stimulation.
- Reality orientation.
- Individual instruction on specific leisure pursuits.
- A means of meeting individual needs as outlined in each resident's Activity Plan.
- Reports to Activities Director on resident's responses and/or progress to specific approaches utilized. May be requested to maintain a written record of same.
- Recognizes abnormal signs and symptoms that signify a physical change in condition of resident which might require nursing intervention.
- Selects residents and communicates with nursing personnel for purpose of assistance in transporting residents to and from general activity areas.
- Is aware of conditions that may interfere with the safety and well-being of residents involved in activity pursuits. Reports hazardous conditions to Activities Director and/or Charge Nurse immediately.
- Receives, stores, and issues activities equipment and supplies. Maintains an ongoing inventory of supplies and equipment and needed maintenance.
- May be responsible for general housekeeping duties in Activity areas:
- Arranges chairs, tables, and equipment in designated rooms or other areas for scheduled group activities, such as banquets, receptions, parties, group meetings, or special events.
We are looking for an outgoing and energetic person to join our team! Must be reliable, work well as a team member and enjoy our elderly population!!! Having your CNA certification is preferred.Come make a difference in the lives of those we serve!!!! Fountain Springs Healthcare Center 2000 Wesleyan Boulevard Rapid City, SD 57702 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website