FOX Power Vehicle Suspension Group is looking for a product Marketing Associate - Technical Writer with a passion for taking complex subjects and breaking them down into consumer focused, relatable elements to inform and educate end users.
The Marketing Associate - Technical Writer researches, writes, and edits technical information for documents such as installation guides, service manuals, and safety sheets. Has photographic, illustrative, and layout skills to convey complex procedures and concepts. They collaborate with engineers, tuners, and more to ensure quality information for customers. They ensure that content is accurate, complete, and meets quality and style standards. Supports establishing writing, photo and illustration standards and style guidelines. Supports researching innovative new solutions to legacy methods of writing to improve the customer experience.
Additionally, this position will organize and manage the marketing warehouse assets, setup and maintain physical locations to shoot photos or videos, and order product as necessary to support marketing initiatives.
- Create and revise Quick Start Guides, Installation Manuals, Safety and Regulatory Information Guides, Warranties, Service Manuals and Bulletins for the multitude of suspension platforms of the FOX Powered Vehicle Group (everything from Jeeps to Snowmobiles)
- Research engineering and relevant information to create and update instructions
- Interview subject matter experts (SME)
- Photograph and edit assembly steps as necessary to document installation or service procedures
- Update illustrations and manage illustration creation for new projects.
- Create consistent graphics for use in content development and documentation as appropriate
- Project Management: Manage multiple project tasks and deliveries
- Assist in writing and editing product copy, and other marketing assignments as needed.
- Develop and support new solutions to improve speed, accuracy, and content quality and delivery.
- Create new and uphold existing quality standards
- Work with catalog management group to provide related product files and data
- Manage the warehousing and upkeep of large marketing assets and vehicles
- Input purchase requests for FOX product as it relates to marketing needs to support photos shoots, marketing partners, media seeding, etc.
- Support department goals and initiatives
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Bachelor's college degree in Technical Communication, Creative Writing, Marketing, or related field, or 3-5 years equivalent work experience
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable through text, and graphics.
- Must demonstrate mechanical and technical aptitude with Excellent English verbal and composition skills
- Direct or related experience in: Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft 10, Microsoft Office 365 Product Suite. Basic script work experience a plus
- Must have strong project management and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met. Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to stay on task
- Must be process oriented and utilize Continuous Improvement methodologies (Ex: Plan, Execute, and Measure) for current systems and processes and can make improvement recommendations to management
- Must stay current with technical writing industry best practices to ensure FOX publishes materials in formats that best supports a positive user experience (Ex: Digital formats, Video tutorials, etc.)
- Must be able to travel as necessary to capture content for installation manuals, etc.
- Must have the skill to use hand and power tools to install and remove vehicle suspension and other mechanical assemblies
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity and be self-motivated
- Project management experience preferred
- Suspension or powered vehicle related industry experience a plus
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment and Manufacturing environment
- May be required to use computer for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift up to 50-70 lbs. occasionally
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs' essential functions.
Apply on company website