FOX Factory, Inc. – NPI Buyer – Locations: El Cajon (San Diego), CA or Gainesville, GA
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year-round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The NPI Buyer is responsible for establishing the supply chain for the development of new products as part of the Powered Vehicle Group (PVG) Sourcing Team to support our Tier 1 OEM automotive customers. The candidate is responsible for supplier choice, prototyping, and supporting production builds, while adhering to the development schedule. Must be able to manage projects and coordinate with teams within a matrixed organization.
This role has responsibility for executing the designs of the engineering team by taking ownership of product cost, manufacturability, and delivery. We run a fast paced and fun environment. The successful candidate will have strong organization and communication skills, along with a sound judgment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Materials Project Leader for Sourcing; managing and monitoring all project material cost impacts and changes
- Conduct supplier quoting, selection, and issue special builds POs considering project scope, budget, and margin targets.
- Lead Cross Functional Team project reviews at each phase.
- Execute and communicate engineering prototype and developmental demands.
- Ensure project status is openly communicated to all stakeholders, while working directly with Engineering, Test, Manufacturing, Planning, Document Control, Quality Control, Purchasing, and Sourcing.
- Track supplier communication, cost, and schedules through product BOM reviews and BOM cost down activities.
- Manage transition of parts from development to production Buyers / procurement.
- Facilitate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews between the Project Teams and Suppliers, to identify opportunities with regards to part design and supplier processes.
- Initiates the onboarding process for new Suppliers and ensures all appropriate system set-up is complete.
- Extensive travel up to 40% to manufacturing locations (GA, CA- SV, CA- EC).
- Required 3-5 years of progressively Tier 1 Automotive purchasing and material control experience, with program buying experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics or engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication, leadership, and prioritization skills required.
- Familiarity with ERP and BOM systems.
- Ability to operate as a Project Lead across multiple projects and with multiple disciplines.
- Ability to build consensus and drive decision making with expertise in coordinating cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Have experience at manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Project management or supply chain experience Strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Focused period of time working on computer
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs' essential functions.
- Customer Mindset: Exceptional customer experience is primary focus while performing job duties. Quality is a top priority.
- Adaptability & Innovation: Proactively and willingly adapts to changing business needs and conditions and presents creative and fresh ideas on how to solve problems, gain efficiencies and improve quality.
- Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of inclusion, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and strives to exceed requirements.
- Decision Making and Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Talent Development (Self and Others): Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement; making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills associated with job responsibilities. Willingness to work with others and coach/teach in effort to develop and support other employees' development.
FOX provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, results of genetic testing, or service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate. We base all employment decisions –including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotions, transfers, layoffs, terminations and social/recreational programs – on merit and the principles of equal employment opportunity
Apply on company website