What We Do
FOX Factory designs, engineers, manufactures and markets performance-defining products and systems for customers worldwide. Our premium brand, performance-defining products and systems are used primarily on bicycles, side-by-side vehicles, on-road vehicles with and without off-road capabilities, off-road vehicles and trucks, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, specialty vehicles and applications, motorcycles, and commercial trucks. Some of our products are specifically designed for and marketed to a variety of leading cycling and powered vehicle original equipment manufacturers ("OEMs"), while others are distributed to consumers through a global dealer and distribution network. Fox Factory Holding Corp. is the holding company of FOX Factory, Inc. and is publicly traded (FOXF) on Nasdaq.Why you should join us
Not only do we provide competitive wages, you will also have access to great benefits and employee
discounts. But more importantly, it's a fun environment where we truly enjoy working as a team and
bringing great products to our customers!
If this sounds like something you would love to do, and a place you want to be a part of, get in touch
with us by submitting your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Assess numerous engineering and legal factors to extract business focused patent value proposition.
- Establish and manage the invention disclosure process for the assigned operational groups including a frequent feedback mechanism for potential inventors to maintain transparency in filing decisions and inventorship.
- Establish patent committee for assigned operational groups and coordinate and chair regular patent committee meetings, including tracking and following up on “to do” items that arise from the meetings. Be prepared for each meeting with both new and existing/follow-up items.
- Provide IP-related education to all assigned business units and departments. Hold a at least two major training sessions annually on various patent related topics.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the patent portfolios of Fox (and subsidiaries) and relevant competitors. Communicate, in an understandable form, to the relevant business groups, the substance of the Fox patent portfolio and relevant competitors' portfolios. Provide our engineers and other business personnel with up-to-date relevant information about what we and our competitors are doing from a patent perspective.
- Identify and regularly communicate recent developments in the patent space for shock absorbers and all other Fox products. Create and maintain a quarterly communication that describes trends within the relevant assigned patent spaces and/or what our competitors are filing.
- Chair at least two “town hall” style meetings per year for assigned operational group. Chair IP issue discussion meetings as needed.
- Manage the total patent application process for assigned operational groups including advise outside counsel, foreign and domestic, of the Fox desired inventive aim of the claims of all assigned patent application filings whether those be continuations of previous cases or new filings.
- Support outside patent counsel, foreign and domestic, in patent application prosecution as needed.
- Work with assigned group engineering design teams to provide project relevant competitive patent landscape. Attend and establish a presence in at least two design gates per project to assess design patentability and competitive issues.
- Isolate critical technical components of patents, products, and services.
- Support patent attorney in providing strategic advice.
- Research timeliness of patents in support of validity challenges and prior art reports.
- Support analysis conclusions with research driven logic and confidence.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization in-person and with virtual, global teams.
- Establish and build relationships internally and externally.
Specific Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
· Demonstrated ability to cross-functionally partner on projects
· Ability to independently handle deadlines and conflicting priorities to deliver quality results
· Excellent judgment while being highly focused, organized, with attention to details.
· Experience in patent filing and analysis
· Ability to explain complex situations to a diverse audience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- 10 – 15% travel required
- Customer Mindset: Exceptional customer experience is primary focus while performing job duties. Quality is a top priority.
- Adaptability & Innovation: Proactively and willingly adapts to changing business needs and conditions and presents creative and fresh ideas on how to solve problems, gain efficiencies and improve quality.
- Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of inclusion, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and strives to exceed requirements.
- Decision Making and Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Talent Development (Self and Others): Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement; making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills associated with job responsibilities. Willingness to work with others and coach/teach in effort to develop and support other employees' development.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Master's degree and/or MBA preferred
6+ years of experience including broad expertise in design, and implementation of mechanical / electrical designs as well as manufacturing (e.g., fabrication process, packaging, assembly, and test)
Deep knowledge of the bicycle/power sports industry and components is a benefit
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Vision abilities required to validate and enter data on computer
10% - 15% travel required
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs' essential functions.
FOX provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, results of genetic testing, or service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate. We base all employment decisions –including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotions, transfers, layoffs, terminations and social/recreational programs –on merit and the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Apply on company website