Job ID 210003AQ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Accountant II assists in the maintenance of one or more accounting systems within the assigned function(s). In compliance with company policies and procedures, the Accountant II reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations, including but not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow company policies and procedures in the preparation of routine intercompany and/or interdivision reconciliation reports.
- Identify, analyze and interpret data of moderate scope; coordinate with appropriate personnel in the resolution of any discrepancies. Escalate more complex issues as necessary.
- May assist with activities related to month-, quarter-, and year-end consolidations, closings and/or financial statements.
- May assist with activities related to budgeting and forecasting.
- May participate in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control monitoring to ensure compliance with the specifications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) within assigned function.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with diverse accounting and analytical projects.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years' related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license desirable.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and corporate performance management (CPM) systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website