Job ID 2100022B
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Develop technical design and architectural specifications that address business requirements and that utilize available and existing company/customer software platforms and standards. Oversee and facilitate project events that implement applications and components within proposed and existing technical frameworks. Goals are to identify, design, and implement as needed, software and systems which enable the achievement of the business objectives of FMCNA.
- Provide expertise across development teams to ensure consistent, scalable, secure usage of the AWS platform
- Collaborate with internal Business, Infrastructure, Application Development groups to design, develop and implement cloud solution based on AWS cloud services for servers based and serverless implementations
- Architect, design, environments that AWS enable development team to leverage the power and speed of developing the AWS Cloud environment while maintaining the security and compliance
- Provide AWS/Cloud expertise support to Fresenius development teams, leveraging AWS contacts as necessary
- Work collaboratively with agile teams to understand the business domain and client requirements that drive analysis, architecture/design and development of quality technical solutions and deliverables
- Lead and/or assist in technical design sessions, architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states
- Provide expertise in implementing the AWS Best Practices Framework into the Fresenius Environment
- Provide expertise and hands on support in migration planning and migration from Organizations Landing Zone 1.x to Landing Zone 2.x/Control Tower
- Architect business continuity and disaster recovery solutions for the AWS environment
- Provide expertise in designing VPCs and Environments to support CI/CD in a hybrid cloud environment
- Provide expertise, integration assistance and monitoring with Best of Class third party tools (cloud native and hybrid) to provide a secure hybrid cloud environment. (For example: Dome9, Fire Eye, Apptio Cloudability, etc.)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze organizational use of information to determine appropriate applications and usage of existing and future technology to support business management objectives
- Review existing workflow processing of information and currently utilized applications to identify common and consistent organizational needs for adaptation, acquisition and development of application frameworks
- Analyze business application requirements of predominately complex scope to validate candidacy for framework application usage versus ad hoc development requirements.
- Analyze systems and procedures to refine their formulation and convert them to component code to be utilized at either application or framework level.
- Implement existing or design new “best practices” approaches to ensure system and application performance is optimized.
- Supervise, mentor and provide technical guidance to developers and analysts as assigned.
- Work with developers, analysts, and related personnel to document technical requirements, intended solutions, as-built capability, and “best practices” approaches as designed or implemented.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned or as may be required for future needs.
- Serve as a technical project leader on moderate to large-sized technical projects. Work with project management team(s) to prepare and execute plans and schedule resources.
- Provide assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to immediate supervisor or management for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10 – 15 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 8 years' experience; certification in relevant technologies a plus.
- Independent with strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Effective and cooperative team member.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working complex technical infrastructures spanning multiple functional areas.
- Ability to lead technical efforts related to complex projects is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with company goals.
- Solid experience in structured development techniques and relational database concepts.
- Solid experience with programming tools, structured development and testing methodologies.
- Experience with current languages and relevant hands on experience with relational database technology
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website