Job ID 20000CTZ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Position is responsible for the daily operations of the vascular access facility. Manages all aspects of patient care in the vascular access facility from admission through discharge. Ensures provision of quality patient care while maintaining cost-effective facility operations in accordance with all legal, compliance and regulatory requirements and programs. As the clinical leader, has the authority to make daily decisions to ensure the appropriate continuity of care and patient and staff safety. Markets available vascular access services through presentations to physicians and dialysis facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Technically proficient in the specific department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Has a larger range within the department.
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Program or project responsibility generally within the function. Manages the operations of one or more departments, direct impact on a specific functional area. Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. An individual contributor will have significant project/process responsibilities.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets and recommends change to policies and establishes procedures that effect immediate organization(s).
- Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care within the vascular access facility with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensures education of the patient and the patient's family regarding access care.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions. Reviews patient satisfaction surveys and addresses any concerns or issues expressed by the patient.
- Directs initiation, maintenance and communication of efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility efficiency.
- As needed, assists with patient workflow, including providing direct patient care as part of a procedure and monitoring pre, intra and post procedures.
- Ensures patient eligibility is validated by working with payor case managers to facilitate timely workup of patients for access management
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the staffing needs of the facility to ensure adequate staffing on a daily basis.
- Participates in the recruitment, interview process and decision to hire new personnel.
- Ensures completion of new hire orientation and training, including mandatory in-service and ICD-9 code training when applicable. Ensures appropriate documentation is completed for current licensure, annual in-service and policy and procedure in-service updates.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees receive appropriate training according to USV/FMS policy as well as on all USV/FMCNA risk management initiatives.
- Provides staff with training to ensure clinical competences and provides opportunities for professional growth.
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed, direct patient care, and indirect patient care personnel as assigned, as well as outside vendors performing work in the facility. Provides education, guidance and feedback related to performance as needed.
- Educates and informs staff regarding USV/FMCNA benefits, Human Resources policies and procedures and acts as a resource to facility staff.
- Provides counseling for all facility staff members, offering support and encouraging personal growth.
- Completes timely employee evaluations and sets appropriate annual goals for staff.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary meetings in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers with Human Resources and USV VP of Quality regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Participates in Corporate and Division specific employee recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Ensures a strong communication and educational process with facility staff, Division and Corporate office personnel, including communication of USV/FMS Division and Corporate initiatives, policies and procedures to staff.
- Creates and implements a CQI Process Improvement Team that involves staff in problem solving.
- Responsible for supporting and driving USV quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMS CQI tools.
- Implements USV quality goals and develops facility specific action plans in order to achieve USV quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the USV quality goals, by working with USV management to ensure that USV/ASC policy and procedure is followed.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate training according to USV policy to ensure ongoing compliance with all USV risk management initiatives.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
- Ensures all Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other USV administrative and operational records.
- Complies and assists with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.
- Identifies and visits local dialysis clinics to provide information and education on available vascular access services for ESRD patients.
- Provides educational support to hospital personnel and physician practices on dialysis access and helps resolve renal patient specific problems.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with dialysis clinics, hospitals and physician(s), through regular meetings to address any concerns and issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the local dialysis clinics, the Access Center, and physician practices.
- Serves as a resource person for dialysis units in regards to any access care problems with their patients.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with USV Medical Staff By-Laws, including assisting with the credentialing process.
- Responsible for strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians, through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering necessary data/material for meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of all facility equipment and technology, including but not limited to C-arm, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
- Schedules the maintenance and repair of equipment, operating systems and physical structure of the facility, as needed.
- Monitors security of the facility
CLERICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Coordinates inventory/supply management by reviewing monthly inventory count and approving purchase orders for necessary items to ensure cost containment, timely distribution and competitive pricing.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the USV/FMS formularies.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all USV/FMS manuals. Assists in the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures for the facility.
- Directs any necessary information gathering, as required, to support billing, billing issues and collection activities.
- Coordinates and approves facility payroll.
- Responsible for participating in all on-site internal and external (state and federal) surveys.
- Reviews new and existing provider contracts for various vendor services, including but not limited to, insurance, laboratory, and facility cleaning.
- Responds appropriately to in-coming correspondence whether electronic, paper or voice mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required as well. The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Coworkers may provide assistance. The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program and “material assist” devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Facility direct and indirect patient care staff (Staff RNs, LPNs, Radiology Technologist, Surgical Technologist, Front Desk Coordinator, Medical Assistant).
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.) or Radiology Technician with current license within the applicable state.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in nursing, healthcare or business related field preferred, or 5 or more years of relevant experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. Experience with medical database software preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and management skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website